For what it's worth, Debian (with SystemD) has a LTS version:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.debian.org_lts_&d=DwIDaQ&c=gRgGjJ3BkIsb5y6s49QqsA&r=gd8BzeSQcySVxr0gDWSEbN-P-pgDXkdyCtaMqdCgPPdW1cyL5RIpaIYrCn8C5x2A&m=i5ehAuGzumUursAzQvltYnLOsvm3z8pbqtb3U8UKd9Q&s=Ga1isLA9_dB_btXvMDqKyniiS3Karm8DKd1M5SCVRCc&e= . And there is Oracle Linux as well, of
course, which is definitely intended for enterprise use (yes, I know
it's a rebuild of RHEL, with optional additions, but I include here it
for completeness).

But this begs the question of "what *really* is an 'enterprise' distro?".

To my mind it's less about about having "enterprise" in the name or in
the marketing and more about whether or not you feel you can trust it in
your particular enterprise. As such, Debian and Devuan (even though the
Devuan team is very small) definitely qualify for "enterprise" use  in
my opinion. They are reliable, trustworthy distros that many people run
their businesses on.

If they move more quickly in terms of kernel, libraries, etc. than the
likes of RHEL and its rebuilds then that is not necessarily a bad thing.
The software world as a whole is moving much more quickly than it used
to and RHEL's long term stability is not necessarily the advantage that
it might once have been. It really does depend on your specific use case
and enterprise, technical or business needs. I state the obvious when I
say, for example, that a HPC cluster's longer term stability needs are
probably very different to a web server's long term stability needs. And
yet both use cases need a good distro that one can rely on. It doesn't
necessarily have to have "enterprise" in the name, though.

> Was Torvalds behind SystemD, etc.?  Just curious.

No, he was not! He has been critical of it in the past, as I recall.

SystemD is a Red Hat project and the original author was the
controversial figure of Lennart Poettering.

SystemD's continued seeming mission creep causes a great many people to
be very suspicious of it. (Which is just about the understatement of the
Century so far. ;-) ).