Art Edwards

--
  Arthur H. Edwards

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020, at 7:45 AM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

Hello,

I chose to install SL because it was forked from Red Hat and thus compatible with the Intel Quartus FPGA IDE. I also liked that it came from a purely scientific community.

Regards,
Tom Eastlake
Cleveland, OH, USA

From: "Peter Willis"
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday February 24 2020 9:09:27AM
Subject: Who Uses Scientific Linux, and How/Why?

Hello,

The variation in uses of t Scientific Linux is quite interesting.

As mentioned before, we are using it for fluid dynamics modelling and oceanography, in the context of parallel computing with OpenMP and MPICH.

I am curious to see what everyone else have been using it for.

Perhaps, if it’s not too much trouble, people on the list might give a short blurb about how they use it and why.

Maybe also mention others they know who are using it who are not on this list.

Peter