Please see the list below.  These come from a popular press article, but
I cannot post the URL as the university that provides this email
rewrites all URLs, and thus I have no certainty that any URL I post (or
is embedded in any thread to which I respond) will not be corrupted.

At the end of the popular press account, there are mentions of specific
laptop models.  As I do not have the time to research this, but a number
of students want to know, which if any of these are SL 7 compatible
(meaning, all hardware is "supported")?  I assume that a larger number
are Ubuntu supported, in that Ubuntu keeps closer to the "bleeding edge"
of Linux hardware support.

Thanks for any specific information.

Yasha Karant

Excerpt:

How to buy a gaming laptop
They're cheaper, lighter and more powerful than ever before.
Devindra Hardawar

If your priority is smooth gameplay, I'd recommend a laptop with a
15.6-inch 1080p screen and either NVIDIA's GTX 1060 or 1070 Max-Q GPU.
The former will run most games well at 60fps and beyond, while the 1070
will let you reach even higher frame rates and better-quality graphics
settings. Mid-range machines like HP's Omen and some of Dell's Alienware
models are a good start. If you've got a slightly bigger budget, you
should consider laptops with high-refresh-rate screens: MSI's GS65
Stealth Thin, Gigabyte's Aero 15X, Razer's Blade and pricier Alienware
configuration.

But if you're on a budget, stick to machines with the GTX 1050, 1050Ti
or 1060 Max-Q, like Dell's G3 and G5 series. You won't get
high-refresh-rate monitors with these, but they'll have enough
horsepower to reach a silky 60fps. They're ideal if you're mainly
playing MOBA titles and undemanding games like Overwatch.

It's easy to get overwhelmed by the number of options today, but that
variety is ultimately a good thing. What was once a category filled with
huge, ugly monstrosities now includes genuinely gorgeous machines that
aren't much heavier than a MacBook Pro.