We are using the one from docker-ce-stable on the main grid clusters at Fermilab.  All our jobs run inside these containers.  Didn't know the sl-extra ones even were out there.

Steve Timm

From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Boris Goldowsky <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2018 1:52:15 PM
To: scientific-linux-users
Subject: Docker installation

What is the difference between the docker packages in the sl-extras repository and the ones from docker-ce-stable (as recommended by https://docs.docker.com/install/linux/docker-ce/centos/ ?   Recommendations for going one route or the other?

The version numbers don’t even seem to be from the same universe:

docker-ce.x86_64  18.06.0.ce-3.el7            @docker-ce-stable

docker.x86_64     2:1.13.1-68.gitdded712.sl7  @sl-extras

Boris