Begin forwarded message:

From: Lars Behrens <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: tip: Secondary Selection clipboard
Date: June 27, 2017 at 9:15:55 AM EDT
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Am 27.06.2017 um 15:05 schrieb Tom H:

We still (optionally) support the PRIMARY selection on the X11 backend,
and some compatibility layer for it on Wayland, but we have no plans on
adding support for the SECONDARY selection, as it's both barely
specified and, like the PRIMARY, highly confusing for anybody who is not
well-versed in 20+ years of use of textual interfaces on the X Windows
System. Personally, I would have jettisoned the PRIMARY selection a long
time ago as well, but apparently a very vocal minority is still holding
tight to that particular Easter egg. Adding support for the even more
esoteric SECONDARY selection on the X11 backend when we're trying to
move the Linux world towards the more modern and less legacy-ridden
Wayland display system would be problematic to say the least, and an ill
fit for the majority of graphical user experiences in use these days.

Boy. I really dislike his arrogant sound. Already stumbled over
something similar on the net, obviously written by that same guy.

Primary selection for me is a major feature in GUI *and* shell.

Cheerz,
Lars