Not trustworthy ones

On Jun 21, 2017 6:08 PM, "WILLIAM J LUTTER" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Recently there has been the "stack-clash" exploit that impacts several OS including linux

(CVE-2017-1000364).   Unfortunately, I maintain several old SL5 PCs.   For instance, one of them is 5.7 with a 2.6.18-419 kernel.

I suppose that kernels for SL/Centos/Redhat kernels that would be compatible with say SL5.7 are not maintained, so when exploits get too bad, then time to install SL7?

Are there kernels that are kept up to date that could be installed for older SL5 via rpmfind or some such repo/download site?

Bill Lutter