On 08/02/2016 10:30 PM, Bruce Ferrell wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Todd,

I've been doing networking since before TCP/IP was common... We had to know ethenet frame types to get IPX/SPX, SNA and DECnet to work.

With that background, I'm fascinated to find out how it does what you claim it does.

[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
 I found autoscan-network.com and downloaded the linux binary, but the source doesn't seem to
download.  Any chance you ever downloaded that?

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

IPX.  Wow.  Now that is a trip down memory lane!

Here are my notes.  Yes, it is a moving target.

    https://sourceforge.net/projects/autoscan/files/AutoScan/autoscan-network%201.50/AutoScan-Network-Linux-1.50.bin.tar.gz/download
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/autoscan/
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/autoscan/AutoScan-0.98.0b-Fedora-Core4.src.rpm?download

And you can just de-tar and run from there.  I usually don't
bother running the install.

If that does not work, I can put my copies up on drop box for you.

Autoscan is awesome to find multiple routers on the same network.
I have had several customer who change ISPs and just add routers
in parallel with each other.

I have also had other customers use an router/AP/hub as an
AP to extend wireless to the other end of their huge houses.
They turn off the router function and it works fine until
the next power hits and resets it.  Then suddenly, they have two
networks on the same interface.

-T

--
Computers are like air conditioners.