Even having a DNS1 entry in /etc/sysconfig/network-script/ifcfg-eth0, if NM_CONTROLLED="yes" exists then my /etc/resolv.conf file will contain only the following line after upgrading and rebooting the node:
"options single-request"

At least that is what I have seen on my end.

Best regards,
Sebastian.