On 08/11/2015 05:58 AM, Pat Riehecky wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
On 08/11/2015 01:46 AM, Yasha Karant wrote:
I have a colleague for whom I have installed IA-32 SL 6 .  She has recently purchased a HP M225dw "all-in-one" laser printer. However, I cannot find a driver for this printer for SL 6.  HP open systems supported this printer starting with hplip-3.14.10, but I cannot find this RPM for SL 6.  The current hplip distributed by HP supports the M225dw, but will not install under SL 6.  At present, the printer will not print from SL6 although the printer is discovered over the LAN.  Any help or suggestions greatly would be appreciated.

Yasha Karant

What version of hplip is installed on the system?

Pat

hplip-3.12.4-6.el6.i686.rpm that is the most recent version I can find (could not find a more recent one in EPEL, etc., that would work with IA-32 SL6)
HPLIP 3.14.10 is the lowest rev level that supports the HP M225dw (http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/release_notes.html, search on 225dw, scroll up to find the release number).
hplip-3.13.7-6.el7.x86_64.rpm
seems to be the current SL7 version, but that too will not support this printer.  The RPM from HP for current, HPLIP 3.15.7, definitely will not install on SL 6 IA-32 and I have not experimented with SL 7 X86-64.

Has anyone ported HPLIP 3.14.10 or higher to IA-32 SL6?  to X86-64 SL7?  Does a CUPS that will run on IA-32 SL6 have support for a M225dw (I cannot find a list of supported printers under CUPS)?

Thanks,

Yasha