On 08/11/2015 05:58 AM, Pat Riehecky wrote:

> On 08/11/2015 01:46 AM, Yasha Karant wrote:
>> I have a colleague for whom I have installed IA-32 SL 6 .  She has
>> recently purchased a HP M225dw "all-in-one" laser printer. However, I
>> cannot find a driver for this printer for SL 6.  HP open systems
>> supported this printer starting with hplip-3.14.10, but I cannot find
>> this RPM for SL 6.  The current hplip distributed by HP supports the
>> M225dw, but will not install under SL 6.  At present, the printer
>> will not print from SL6 although the printer is discovered over the
>> LAN. Any help or suggestions greatly would be appreciated.
>>
>> Yasha Karant
>
> What version of hplip is installed on the system?
>
> Pat

hplip-3.12.4-6.el6.i686.rpm
<http://ftp1.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6x/i386/os/Packages/hplip-3.12.4-6.el6.i686.rpm>
that is the most recent version I can find (could not find a more recent
one in EPEL, etc., that would work with IA-32 SL6)
HPLIP 3.14.10 is the lowest rev level that supports the HP M225dw
(http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/release_notes.html, search on
225dw, scroll up to find the release number).
hplip-3.13.7-6.el7.x86_64.rpm
<http://ftp1.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/7x/x86_64/os/Packages/hplip-3.13.7-6.el7.x86_64.rpm>
seems to be the current SL7 version, but that too will not support this
printer.  The RPM from HP for current, HPLIP 3.15.7, definitely will not
install on SL 6 IA-32 and I have not experimented with SL 7 X86-64.

Has anyone ported HPLIP 3.14.10 or higher to IA-32 SL6?  to X86-64 SL7?
Does a CUPS that will run on IA-32 SL6 have support for a M225dw (I
cannot find a list of supported printers under CUPS)?

Thanks,

Yasha