FYI they also did the same thin with Shockwave Flash player for Linux too.
Apparently Adobe doesn't care about the linux user market share any more.

-- Sent from my HP Pre3

On Jan 15, 2014 10:56, Graham Allan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On 1/15/2014 4:20 AM, Urs Beyerle wrote:

> Adobe discontinued the Adobe Reader 9 for Linux in June 2013 and has not
> fixed and will not fix any further security issues in it. Therefore it
> makes totally sense to remove it from their repo.

I'm not disagreeing with you but it's still a breathtakingly crappy way
of handling it. Acroread for linux is still available as a regular web
download, so it's not remotely obvious that it's desupported unless you
follow the news independently. For example it might have been worth a
final mention on Adobe's "acrobat for unix" blog
http://blogs.adobe.com/acroread/ rather than leaving that abandoned
since 2010!

Graham