Back in the early 6.x days I did a default install (accepting all default options from the ISO's anaconda) and did some non-scientific comparisons.  I need to do this again...

http://lostinopensource.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/the-clone-wars-centos-vs-scientific-linux/

Some of it was pretty interesting.