Dear all,

I hope it is the right place to ask. If not please let me know who else
I shoul contact.

There was an update few days ago:
http://listserv.fnal.gov/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind1312&L=scientific-linux-errata&T=0&P=571
that broke some of our sevices/components/software that use openssl with
the following error:
Socket error contacting
https://grid-voms.desy.de:8443/voms/desy/services/VOMSAdmin: [Errno 1]
_ssl.c:492: error:100AE081:elliptic curve
routines:EC_GROUP_new_by_curve_name:unknown group

seems to be somethign known, that references also some bugs
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.postfix.user/239960

For the moment I "solved" the issue in a very ugly way, by protecting in
a local repository the previous version of openssl,
openssl-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.
Been an sl-security update I would like to ask you if there are specific
security fixes provided with the 1.0.1e-15 version ( the release notes
talk only of "added for dependency resolution")

Do you know if the issue reported in RHEL will/can be fixed in SL6?

Thank you very much,
Cristina

--
Cristina Aiftimiei