http://chrome.richardlloyd.org.uk/ i've had good luck with this guy's shell script on a CentOS6 system for getting glibc.so.6 extracted and squirreled into the right folder without breaking the rest of the system. It's the fix for Chrome, but I don't see why it couldn't be applied to opera or any other app. It's pulling an updated Fedora 17 lib.