On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 6:38 AM, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Do Scientific Linux backport kernel commit ?  I am looking for this one :
> ad313cb86dfba27f8f2306da304974ef17c91c56
>

> https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jkirsher/net/+/ad313cb86dfba27f8f2306da304974ef17c91c56
>

> How could I know this ?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Serge

As pointed out by others, SL kernels are rebuilds of the upstream (RHEL)
kernels, so cannot be modified by SL developers. You could rebuild the
kernel with the fixes yourself if that is technically possible. But in this
case, as far as I can see, the provided patches are against later kernels
and are not easily applicable to RHEL/SL kernels.

You can do one (or both) of the two things. One is to file a request at
http://bugzilla.redhat.com with a detailed description on why the patches
are needed. The other is to try and use kernel-ml [1] from ELRepo. That
will let you run the latest mainline kernel from kernel.org on SL 6. There
is a good chance that the patches are already in there (not checked yet).

Akemi

[1] http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml