Let me get back to you when I get a chance to put together more detailed information.
But essentially it would be a code performance profiler directly hooked in to GCC for C code and I beleave there is now a gnu compiler for opencl which is a open code standard for writing vendor neutral code for GPGPU's and I know the GPL Radeon driver claims to support it on some Radeon.

The goal would be to advise the developer of thing that would prevent a program from spanning multiple cores like use of shared memory, improper flags when creating posix threads, and or insufficient parallel execution of tasks which could be run in parallel, not only in their own code but in any libraries they are using, which would prevent them from fully utilizing the hardware.

-- Sent from my HP Pre3