It's also worth looking at ansible:
http://ansible.cc/index.html

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 11:28 AM, P. Larry Nelson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Jeff Siddall wrote on 6/7/2013 2:08 PM:

On 06/06/2013 01:19 PM, Ken Teh wrote:
I'd appreciate some more details on how you implement the Mozilla update
protocol in an (not quite) enterprise environment.  IOW, not hundreds or
thousands of machines but enough to make manual updates unfeasable.

I recently installed a bunch or RPis and needed a way to easily do stuff to them
all at once.  I came across cssh and it is fantastic.  Simple yet effective, it
may make manually installing a new FF on a bunch of machines very manageable.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/clusterssh/index.php?title=Main_Page

Jeff

Verrry nice!  Had not heard of Cluster SSH before.

BTW, if you have epel enabled, one can just do 'yum install clusterssh'

- Larry

--
P. Larry Nelson (217-244-9855) | Systems/Network Administrator
461 Loomis Lab                 | High Energy Physics Group