No problem. I suppose we could let you have vacation once in a great while. J

Fair enough on the package. I hadn’t gone further upstream for investigation, partly because the source packages still seem to be carried forward, and the libvpd binary package is still in the distro. Thus my confusion…

I guess we’ll drop it from our spin and see who suddenly can’t live without it…

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pat Riehecky
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 8:06 AM
To: Kraus, Dave (GE Healthcare)
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL] lsvpd package in 6.3?

On 06/07/2013 05:36 PM, Kraus, Dave (GE Healthcare) wrote:

As we are working on our spin, we noticed that the lsvpd RPM package is not available on 6.3 and 6.4, but the SRPM is. I also see that the binary is available generally on the other 6- versions.

Any particular reason for that, or is it just an oops? I did look at upstream’s docs and didn’t see a deprecation notice or any mention in the 6.4 Technical Notes other than a bug fix involving it, so I assume it’s still in the distro.

Please point me to what I’m missing (again) J

Sorry for the delay, I was out of the office and Connie was picking up all the slack I was leaving behind.

The latest version of lsvpd from upstream is PPC only from my reading of the upstream docs:

http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2012-0795.html

Pat

--
Pat Riehecky