On 05/28/2013 09:19 AM, Paul Robert Marino wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Hello
I have been having issues with spacewalk and Scientific Linux 6.4 and 6 rolling repos
after investigation I found 2 errors
first
"
Repo http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6.4/x86_64/os/ has comps file comps-sl6-x86_64.xml.gz.
ERROR: Not a gzipped file
"

The second is spacewalk 1.8 doesn't handle the error gracefully but version 1.9 does.
note version 1.8 does not produce the "ERROR: Not a gzipped file" instead it does a trace back about an unknown error code.

Ive checked http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6.4/x86_64/os/repodata/comps-sl6-x86_64.xml.gz and been able to confirm that indeed it is not gziped this should be corrected in whatever script is generating it.

Thank You
Paul Robert Marino

Thanks for the report,

The comps.xml files for SL6.4 were compressed with zopfli in gzip compatibility mode.  This resulted in a 11% size savings on my limited testing.

They decompress correctly with gzip (just tested again)

$ gzip -dc comps-sl6-x86_64.xml.gz |wc -l
16830

and they are correctly identified by 'file' as being gzip compressed data.

$ file comps-sl6-x86_64.xml.gz
comps-sl6-x86_64.xml.gz: gzip compressed data, from Unix, max compression

How did you check the comps-sl6-x86_64.xml.gz file that it reported as a non-gzip file?

Pat

--
Pat Riehecky

Scientific Linux developer