On 05/28/2013 09:19 AM, Paul Robert Marino wrote:
> Hello
> I have been having issues with spacewalk and Scientific Linux 6.4 and 6
> rolling repos
> after investigation I found 2 errors
> first
> "
> Repo http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6.4/x86_64/os/ has
> comps file comps-sl6-x86_64.xml.gz.
> ERROR: Not a gzipped file
> "
>
> The second is spacewalk 1.8 doesn't handle the error gracefully but version
> 1.9 does.
> note version 1.8 does not produce the "ERROR: Not a gzipped file" instead it
> does a trace back about an unknown error code.
>
> Ive checked
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6.4/x86_64/os/repodata/comps-sl6-x86_64.xml.gz
> and been able to confirm that indeed it is not gziped this should be
> corrected in whatever script is generating it.
>
> Thank You
> Paul Robert Marino

Thanks for the report,

The comps.xml files for SL6.4 were compressed with zopfli in gzip
compatibility mode.  This resulted in a 11% size savings on my limited testing.

They decompress correctly with gzip (just tested again)

$ gzip -dc comps-sl6-x86_64.xml.gz |wc -l
16830

and they are correctly identified by 'file' as being gzip compressed data.

$ file comps-sl6-x86_64.xml.gz
comps-sl6-x86_64.xml.gz: gzip compressed data, from Unix, max compression

How did you check the comps-sl6-x86_64.xml.gz file that it reported as a
non-gzip file?

Pat

--
Pat Riehecky