Hi Pat,
On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
As part of our public testing process, the yum repos are replaced a few times so that users can utilize the 'rolling' repos.  One change to go from '$releasever' to '6rolling' and one to go from '6rolling' to '$releasever'.

So if I understand correctly, if a user updates to a new sl-release package in the $releasever repo, this automatically moves him over to 6rolling?
I didn't expect that. What are my options to opt out of that public testing process?

If they are marked as %config(noreplace) then this testing process breaks.

Unfortunately, if you hand edit your repo files to point to another mirror, that process breaks ;-)
Hmm, I'm wondering how Fedora handles this, since the fedora-release rpm does mark everything in /etc/yum.repos.d as %config(noreplace).

Kind regards,

Ruben