On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 9:23 PM, Pat Riehecky <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> If you install the sl-release from the '6rolling' directory, then you've
> 'opted in' to the testing process.  The $releasever trees do not
> automatically 'opt in' to testing.  There is nothing you need to do to
> avoid the testing process.

Got it, thanks for the explanation.

I still need to find a way to preserve my local modifications to the repo
files. Obviously I could build and maintain my own -release rpm, but I'd
rather not go there.
Just thinking out loud here, but is it an option to mark the repo files as
%config(noreplace) in the release rpm which is in the $releasever repo's,
and keep the ones in the rolling repo's as plain %config?

This all got triggered by a funny little incident a few days ago:
We keep our own internal SL mirror with a few customizations. During a
puppet run, puppet upgraded the sl-release package, which pointed our
servers at the ftp.scientificlinux.org yum repo, which happened to be down
at the moment, which made that puppet run fail. Rolling back was rather
difficult, since, well, puppet didn't work anymore. Not the end of the
world, but I'd like to prevent that from happening again.

Kind regards,

Ruben