Hi all,

I'm just wondering.... e4defrag is available in version 1.42 or above of
e2fsprogs. The current version of e2fsprogs is 1.42.7 (Jan 21 2013).

I'm wondering if its possible to build a newer version (maybe 1.42.7) of
e2fsprogs and place it in the sl-addons repo to allow people access to
e4defrag etc?

I figure that it probably makes sense to have this tool available as
ext4 has featured online defrag for quite some time - and ext4 has been
the default filesystem choice for all of EL6 - meaning there is a
serious install base.

While some people argue that ext4 doesn't get fragmented etc, I can
vouch from experience that it can and does...

--
Steven Haigh

Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: https://www.crc.id.au