Ok guys thanks for putting me in good direction.

The thing is, if you don't select the Available to all users check box in
the Network Manager Applet, there *won't be a file under
/etc/sysconfig/*for the desired network adapter, and therefore, there
will be no networking
before any of the users log in.

Putting a file inside that directory will help, but I guess the recommended
way would be to select the check box

Thanks a lot.

 *José Pablo Méndez
*********