Hello,

I am playing around with SL instead of CentOS so to know which one behaves
better or just to have a criteria on how they both differ, being RedHat
re-distros.

I noticed that my virtual machine with GUI, that I built from the
SL-63-x86_64-2012-08-02-Install-DVD.iso, won't reply to pings or open SSH
sessions until a user logs in.

I tried the same on a CentOS  6.2 built similarly, and no matter if there
are users or no users logged in, it always have networking and you can SSH
into it.

Any idea about this difference? Can it be changed in SL so to initiate
connections before a GUI log in?

Thanks,

*José Pablo Méndez
*********