Not following. You suggest to program BIND to strip off the domain if the query comes from certain IP¿?

I am trying to install the server but getting the error I posted on my 2nd email. I am getting from the situation described, that the hostname is not matching the FQDN.

 José Pablo Méndez

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 8:45 PM, José Pablo Méndez Soto
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Sorry, forgot to add the error I get:
>
> "Host Name returned by DNS Server for IP address does not agree with the
> locally defined hostname. There is a configuration mismatch."

Your local hostname should be a fully qualified hostname. If it's not,
lots of software can have interesting issues.