Hey Lee.
As far as I know it is not a bug or an error.
I don't like it, too so the first thing I do is uninstalling yum-autoupdate.

Regards

From: lee <[log in to unmask]>;
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>;
Subject: yum autoupdate 6.2
Sent: Tue, Dec 11, 2012 8:28:53 AM

Hi

I just updated/upgraded to 6.2 from 6.1. Doing a simple `yum update`.

In the install was yum-autoupdate-2-5.0.noarch.

# This file controls the configuration of yum-autoupdate
# For it to work as expected it should be /etc/sysconfig/yum-autoupdate

# ENABLED
#    true - Run yum-autoupdate
#    false - Do not run yum-autoupdate (default)
#  + anything other than true defaults to false
ENABLED="true"

When I looked into /etc/sysconfig/yum-autoupdate, I saw the default is
true not false, or at least the one I installed was set to true.

This has caused a few issues in the past.

Is this a bug/error in the config file?

Regards
Lee