On 19 July 2012 02:47, zxq9 <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

You're still not telling me if you can get support if your subscription was through Red Hat, though. Have you even looked into this? Dell not providing support is a Dell problem, and not very surprising.

Can anyone verify this? The office here in Japan is telling me they offer support with a basic subscription if the subscription is direct, and of course offer an array of paid support beyond that. I feel sure the story must be the same elsewhere.

Red Hat have indeed removed Basic Support. The cheapest subscription is now $349 p.a. per server and this is "self-support". If you want support with your contract you have to pay at least $799 p.a. per server.

Regards,

Mike