Von: Tom H <[log in to unmask]>
An: SL Users <[log in to unmask]>
Gesendet: 0:48 Sonntag, 24.Juni 2012
Betreff: Re: Install SL out of another linux on a VPS

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> In the old days, the performance expense of using a fie for swap
> instead of a partition mattered. These days, if you need swap, you can
> usually allocate it trivially as a file and avoid the partition
> management problems.

I'm a Linux guy like you and I therefore agree with the above but I
can't help think that, since OS X's been able to use swap files,
dynamically-created ones at that, on hfsplus (which has never been
known as a filesystem champ) for twelve years, we don't use and
haven't been using swap files out of habit rather than out of
technical deficiency.