Ok, thankyou :)

Now, I will compile my own kernel :D

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Alec T. Habig <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Fernando Andr?s Mu?oz Bravo writes:
> My question is: What kernel can I use, or is "better": Oficial from RHEL
> sources and SL, or sources from kernel.org? I would like to read your
> advices :)

Starting from the SL kernel srpms will:

 a) ensure that all the tweaks to the kernel which all the other parts
   of your system are expecting are still there, thus break less stuff;

 b) Let you work in the rpm build environment, making things easier to
   keep track of in the same way as the rest of the system is built and
   hop back to standard kernels for debugging more easily.

That said, wouldn't surprise me if you could find a CentOS kernel
already compiled with XFS support (I want to say look for the
"centos-plus" series of kernels, but that's probably way outdated
information).  Then you could just install their binary rpm and not
worry about the compilation game.

--
           Alec Habig, University of Minnesota Duluth Physics Dept.
                      http://neutrino.d.umn.edu/~habig/

--
Fernando Andrés Muñoz Bravo
Tg. Análisis y Desarollo de Sistemas de Información

http://blogdrake.net/blog/waspper/
http://waspper.deviantart.com/
http://artdriva.deviantart.com/

Linux user #487547