Hello,
i have the sl 6.2 on Toshiba satellite that worked fine. Last week when i tried to boot it my x session hanged and i could never see my desktop.
Messages xlog and sessions files have nothing that gave me any clues. I removed xorg.conf. No change.
Here is current situation.
If i login as root - all works. If i login as regular user the following series of the events happens.
Login prompt -> some window pops up asking if i want to load default or old config. Then all goes black and the only thing that responses is mouse.
Switching to tty takes good 3 -4 minutes . Yet top indicates no high cpu  usage .

Please advise.
Andrew