On 2012-05-08, at 11:20 PM, vivek chalotra wrote:

> I am installing SLC 5.8 64 bit in HP Pavilion g6 notebook. It has installed sucessfully but its giving error in starting the X server.

Vivek, there is an xorg log in which the X server will output any errors prepended with "(EE)" located at /var/log/Xorg.#.log.

If you paste into an email what the (EE) line is, we can probably help you out a bit more.

The g6 apparently has integrated intel graphics hardware, so there shouldn't be any problems with graphics drivers - but we can't tell until you give us what the error says :)

Hope this helps!
-Chris