Hi Corey,

Thanks for trying out the AMI and providing feedback!

I installed Gnome and VNC in order to provide graphical desktop support.  Hence the large number of packages.  I can also create a slimmer version of this AMI for those who only require terminal access and would prefer to have a limited set of packages installed.

Apart from these changes, do you have any other suggestions?  Many researchers are using our cloud for HPC workloads and have expressed interest in using Scientific Linux.  I would like to make any obvious changes before the AMI is promoted to a broader audience.

Best regards,

Jamie Kinney
Solution Architecture - Worldwide Public Sector
Amazon Web Services
E: [log in to unmask]
M: 206 265-9439

twitter.com/awscloud