I have a question regarding the various RPM repos for the SL6.

Some of the repos have a major.minor version number:

ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6.0/
ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6.1/
ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6.2/

And then there are repos for the '6' and '6x' releases:

ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6/
ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6x/

and a repo named '6rolling':

ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/

My questions:

- What are the differences between these different kinds of repos?
- When should I be tracking the '6' repository vs the 6.2 repository vs.
the '6rolling' repository?
- What is 6rolling? Is it similar to the Fedora Rawhide development tree?

With CentOS 5 and SL5, there was never a repository named '5' or '5x', and
I am just trying to become more familiar with the new way of doing things.

Forgive me for asking what might be a simple question. But I cannot find
any description of the 6rolling or 6x repos on www.scientificlinux.org, or
https://www.scientificlinux.org/documentation/faq/ .

Thank you,

-= Stefan

--
Stefan Lasiewski                         Email: [log in to unmask]
Computer System Engineer III    Email: [log in to unmask]

National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory