On 09/30/2011 08:03 PM, Joel Maslak wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 8:12 PM, Todd And Margo Chester <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

p.s.   l since no one is going to believe me about M$SQL and odd cores,
this is straight from the horses mouth:

Well, perhaps an odd number of cores > 1.  :)

Also the article you quoted indicated that six cores could be an issue because it is not a power of two.  So if you are planning on a SQL installation in the guest, you might want to stick to 1, 2, or 4 cores.

--
Joel Maslak
Former MS SQL DBA

Hi Joe,

I missed the "power of two" part.  Oh my goodness what awful software.

Fortunately I am done with M$SQL for now.  It might come back, but I
hope not.

Have you any wisdom on the four or eight core question?

-T