On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Alexander Hunt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On 05/26/2011 04:26 PM, Todd And Margo Chester wrote:
On 05/26/2011 03:14 PM, Alexander Hunt wrote:
On 05/26/2011 04:03 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
On 05/26/2011 04:02 PM, Todd And Margo Chester wrote:
On 05/26/2011 12:18 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
It has just been pushed to epel-testing. Please give feedback it you try it
out. You can do:

yum --enablerepo=epel-testing groupinstall xfce-desktop

to install the base set.

Very cool! Thank you! Anxiously awaiting 64 bit RPMs.

-T

You don't need to wait.  They are there.  (This is EPEL)

Thank you very much Orion. I installed the x86_64 packages early this morning and so far have an uptime of 15.5 hours running xfce 4.8 with no issues (except for conky disappearing, but it's always tricky to get conky displaying correctly with the different desktops). Is there a place we can be putting in feedback, other than on this list?
Thanks very much again for your work and Best Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Where did you find them?  What was your yum run string?  What
repo did you use?

Many thanks,
-T

Hi, I checked the EPEL testing repo and they were there. I used yumex to install them (I always use yumex unless I download an rpm and install it from my downloads folder) so no string, sorry. If there is anything else you want to know feel free.
And this link works fine from here: Thanks Todd,
Alex

We really need "xfce4-volumed" in there for the volume daemon.  That's all I'm seeing for now after a quick look around.  Thanks

~~
John H. Outlan CPA
Orlando, FL  USA
cell     (407) 924-2727