On 05/26/2011 08:08 AM, Stefan Eriksson wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
torsdagen den 26 maj 2011 15.46.51 skrev du:
On 05/26/2011 06:06 AM, Stefan Eriksson wrote:
torsdagen den 26 maj 2011 12.05.50 skrev du:
Hi I'm installing openvz on scientific linux and because of this I want
to disable both the firewall (configure my own rules) and selinux,
usually in sl5 I use "system-config-securitylevel-tui" for this, as I
run without xorg.

But I cant find it in the repo, I find "system-config-firewall-tui" but
nothing for selinux, is "system-config-securitylevel-tui" not supported
anymore or forgotten?.

We are a number of different employees doing these installations so we
like to have the installation as straightforward  as possible, Its no
big task to manually edit "/etc/sysconfig/selinux" to disabled but we
like to have the option of "system-config-securitylevel-tui".

Thanks
Stefan
I found the answer to this:
http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/rhel6/rhel_6_migration_guide/rhel_
6_migration_chap- Migration_Guide-Package_Changes.html

"The system-config-securitylevel tool has been obsoleted by the
system-config- firewall tool."

Thanks
Stefan
I'm not sure about SELinux packages in SL5, but it can be easily turned
on and off with installation of policycoreutils-gui package if its
available for SL5. It shows up as SELinux Management in the
administration menu.
hope that helps. best regards
Alex
Thanks, but I'm using this without xorg, therefor I'm searching for a tui
alternative, but its ok, seems like its per default to manually edit
/etc/sysconfig/selinux now isntead of a tui interface if you run without X.

Stefan
Sorry, I didn't put 2 & 2 together with the tui part :)  This link may help though, it shows how to turn SELinux on and off temporarily, among other things related. It might make it easier than the file edit, depending on what your needs are.
http://www.crypt.gen.nz/selinux/disable_selinux.html
Alex