Hi,
This is a two-part question: Firstly, has anyone worked with any of the USB over IP devices in a Linux environment? Secondly, if so, has anyone had any experience developing software to communicate with these devices.

I'm looking at trying to control various RS-232 devices over a network. I currently have developed software that controls these devices though a basic USB to RS-232 adapter but I would like to place a networkable IP-based hub with these adapters connected to it. From what I've seen so far, many USB over IP devices do not support Linux. Does anyone have any experience or insight with USB over IP?

Thanks for your attention!

--

David L. McLean
Research Automation Engineer

VIIBRE -Vanderbilt Institute for Integrative Biosystems
            Research and Education

6805.4 Stevenson Center
VU Station B 351807
Nashville, TN 37235-1807