bubble chamber

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 12:41 AM, Shawn Thompson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Okay, since I'm volunteering to lead some better artwork for 6.1 (and I mean, artwork that doesn't look as thrown together as previous releases), here's what I have been thinking about as ideas for an overall theme:

The Periodic Table
-This could work within practically any idea, "elements" based off our components and packages (like Sl, El, Gn, Ap, Pg, Sq, Lx, Fx, etc) that could be used as a secondary logo alongside the current atom logo (well, an "Sl" with an atomic weight of 6.1), but could be used as an entire design if there is a lack of ideas.

Space
-The final frontier. Something based off a night sky or sunset

Nucleus
-I could see some sort of motif involving atoms or fission working well (and I mean, in a much better way than just the logo in the corner of the wallpaper)

If all else fails, I could just make something abstract with a motif of stripes and atoms.

So, anyone have any suggestions/thoughts?

~Shawn