Of course, though to speed things up (and make it clear this isn't "new"),
I'm trying a more minimal look that would match with that version's desktop
theme (i.e. what is now called ClearlooksClassic)

like http://i.imgur.com/joagL.png

Despite the fact that this stuff is going to be based off the old logo, I'd
like however, to have the current logo and the new logotype to be retconned
in the packaging.