Good morning Troy,

I downloaded the 3.4 gigabyte SL6 Install DVD expecting an up-to-date
system (latest kernel, etc.) upon completion of the install. But, to my
disappointment, I had 112 packages waiting on me when I checked for
updates.

I found the SL6 Install DVD is basically the Red Hat 6 Final (same kernel
,
 etc.) just like Oracle 6 (which I tried earlier this week). One of my
numerous gripes I had with Oracle 6 was many packages/applications were

so old in comparison to the then current SL6.

Might I suggest that this Install DVD be updated to include the latest
packages? It would be a nice alternative for people who like Scientific

Linux but have no need for all those other packages that are included
in the EVERYTHING DVD.

Best regards,

Bob Good