Troy et al:

Congratulations on an excellent distribution!  We have installed multiple
instances on several different machines since the release of Alpha 1, and
are very pleased with the (near final) result.

The following problem may NOT be related to SL6, although I have duplicated
it on multiple machines and pass it along in case others are also having
difficulty:

I cannot get atrpms repo to work properly.  The package manager reports
(perhaps correctly) that the bleeding and testing variants are not
available, which is fine, but also reports the availability of a number of
packages apparently listed on the main atrpms repo, such as "divx4linux" and
other codec related items.  Although the package manager believes these
items are available, and attempts to install them, I always get the error
message "The package download failed  Could not contact source
'atrpms-bleeding' (or atrpms-testing) so it will be disabled."

The three atpms repos are listed under software sources (atrpms, bleeding
and testing), and when I attempt to activate bleeding and testing, the box
does not fill (as I would expect if the repo is not available).  However, I
do have an active check box in front of the standard atrpms repo.

Again, this may be unrelated to SL6 itself, but it has been repeatable on
multiple (relatively) fresh installs on different machines.  To the extent
it is helpful, I have copied the repo files below from my yum.repos.d
directory:

Victor Helsing

[atrpms]
name=Red Hat Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - ATrpms
failovermethod=priority
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/el$releasever-$basearch/atrpms/stable
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-atrpms

[atrpms-debuginfo]
name=Red Hat Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - ATrpms - Debug
failovermethod=priority
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/debug/el$releasever-$basearch/atrpms/stable
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-atrpms

[atrpms-source]
name=Red Hat Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - ATrpms - Source
failovermethod=priority
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/src/el$releasever-$basearch/atrpms/stable
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-atrpms

[atrpms-bleeding]
name=Red Hat Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - ATrpms bleeding
failovermethod=priority
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/el$releasever-$basearch/atrpms/bleeding
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-atrpms

[atrpms-bleeding-debuginfo]
name=Red Hat Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - ATrpms bleeding -
Debug
failovermethod=priority
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/debug/el$releasever-$basearch/atrpms/bleeding
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-atrpms

[atrpms-bleeding-source]
name=Red Hat Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - ATrpms bleeding -
Source
failovermethod=priority
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/src/el$releasever-$basearch/atrpms/bleeding
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-atrpms

[atrpms-testing]
name=Red Hat Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - ATrpms testing
failovermethod=priority
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/el$releasever-$basearch/atrpms/testing
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-atrpms

[atrpms-testing-debuginfo]
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/debug/el$releasever-$basearch/atrpms/testing
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-atrpms

[atrpms-testing-source]
baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/src/el$releasever-$basearch/atrpms/testing