On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:38:51 +0100, patrickm <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

When I boot using a boot.iso CD and enter "ks=http://ip-local-server/sl6alpha.cfg", the installer starts, but stops and waits a long time before giving me an error that it can not mount the installation directory on the server.

I found out that the problem is related to the configuration of the network card.
On my server, only specific IP addresses are allowed access to the NFS shares.

The kickstartfile contains information about the settings for the network card (it should use 192.168.1.5 as IP address).
Apparently, this info isn't used by NetworkManager (access log on the server shows it used 192.168.1.33 / DHCP).
When I enter "ks=http://192.168.1.1/sl60-ks.cfg ip=192.168.1.5", the problem is gone.

Regards,
Patrick