Hi All,

I would like to know how difficult it is for the following to happen.

* Is it possible to update git to a more recent version?
* Secondly, there is a very neat tool called gitg which would be valuable to have available in SLC for collaborating on code with git. More information can be found here: http://trac.novowork.com/gitg/

Thanks in advance,

- Peter

P.S.

I was having a look for an online list of packages included in SLC, but couldn't find it nor understand what I did find. I found this (http://linuxsoft.cern.ch/) page which claims to have a browsable package repository, but I couldn't figure out how to navigate it in order to find out about the packages I'm asking about in this email.