On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:38:51 +0100, patrickm  wrote:

When I boot
using a boot.iso CD and enter "ks=http://ip-local-server/sl6alpha.cfg",
the installer starts, but stops and waits a long time before giving me
an error that it can not mount the installation directory on the server.

I found out that the problem is related to the configuration of the
network card.
On my server, only specific IP addresses are allowed
access to the NFS shares.

The kickstartfile contains information about
the settings for the network card (it should use 192.168.1.5 as IP
address).
Apparently, this info isn't used by NetworkManager (access log
on the server shows it used 192.168.1.33 / DHCP).
When I enter
"ks=http://192.168.1.1/sl60-ks.cfg ip=192.168.1.5", the problem is
gone.

Regards,