We have RHEL, Fedora, SUSE, and Ubuntu approved and certified for DoD use and I would like to use Scientific Linux.  I am pretty sure I can get a box certified but that could take weeks and I want to show management that we can use Scientific Linux now with some examples or something.  Anyway, assure them that we can do it so I can get the box going and forego the RHEL license support quote and so on.  If I could point them to somebody elses success then they will say oh sure go ahead.  But if it is just my word they might say ummh, we dont have time to experiment and chance DSS refusal, so lets just do a RHEL box now.

Regards,

Paul Vanderhoof
System Administrator

Data Center Services