Hi all,

My lab uses a Dell Poweredge R905 server running Scientific Linux 5.4. It has three 1TB disks that are combined in a RAID5 configuration to create one 2TB partition. I would like to replace these with three 3TB disks to create one 6TB partition in RAID5.

I read online there might be issues with running 3TB disks, some people have encountered an upper limit of 2.1TB for a single partition due to addressing issues. However, this should not be a problem when running Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI). Can anyone confirm that this will work on my system with the current OS?

Cheers,

Diederick