Hi,

I’m trying to get Scientific Linux 5.5 installed from USB-key, since my system does not have a working DVD player.

I used “unetbootin” and “SL.55.051810.DVD.i386.disc1.iso” to create a bootable key. The tool extracts the installer files from the ISO to the key.

Booting the key the SL5.5 setup program keeps looking for an “.ISO” file, in stead of looking at the extracted files on the key.

How can I pinpoint the installer to look at the key ?

PS. Since the ISO-file is over 4 GB it can not be copied on the FAT32-usb-key !

With Regards,

| Carel van der Werf | Developer/Administrator ICT-Bčta | Department of Science |  Utrecht University |