On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:33:58 +0200
Tim Edwards <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On 13/09/10 20:44, Przemysław Pawełczyk wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried to compile nip2 and vips (first)-
> >

> You don't have to compile vips, it's in Dag's repository. To install:
> yum --enablerepo=dag install vips
>
> If you're not using the default yum config and Dag's repo isn't setup
> head here: http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/FAQ.php#B
>
> Tim Edwards

Many thanks.

But I had the vips from Dag. Instead of vips that time nip2 spat
errors. I thought - perhaps it is due to different release numbers
(dag's - 7.12.3 - my 7.22.2).

After checking once more the nip2 compilation with vips from Dag repo
I got following errors:
-----------
checking for REQUIRED_PACKAGES... configure: error: Package
requirements (gthread-2.0 gtk+-2.0 >= 2.4.9 libxml-2.0 vips-7.22) were
not met:

No package 'vips-7.22' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables
REQUIRED_PACKAGES_CFLAGS and REQUIRED_PACKAGES_LIBS to avoid the need
to call pkg-config. See the pkg-config man page for more details.

BTW. I cannot find gthread, the other devel or lib packages I have
installed. But the vips-7.22 condition cannot be skirted. Catch 22.

Regards

--
Przemysław Pawełczyk (P2O2) [pron. Pshemislav Paveltchick]
http://pp.blast.pl, [log in to unmask]