Hi,
Just looking for any recommendations for computer hardware to use or to stay away from. I'm looking to build a reasonably fast, dual/multi processor system but can't afford to end up with a system that is so cutting edge that it is not supported. Our institution gets good deals through Dell so I'm sure they will purchase a Dell system as opposed to specifying individual components, but I'm still concerned with SATA support and various graphics device support.

Any suggestions, recommendations, or warnings are welcome!

Thank you for your time.
--

David L. McLean
Research Automation Engineer

VIIBRE -Vanderbilt Institute for Integrative Biosystems Research and Education

6805.4 Stevenson Center
VU Station B 351807
Nashville, TN 37235-1807

Ph: 615.343.4124